2nd Chances Foundation Logo-Design Contest
Calling all artists!
Starting August 1st
Second Chances Foundation is looking for a fresh logo unique and specific to our cause. Our guidelines are relatively free-form, but some things to consider:
- The logo will be at the forefront of our mission. It will be what businesses, corporations, and the general population will think of when they hear the name Second Chances Foundation.
- Our foundation supports people with Cystic Fibrosis which is a disorder affecting mainly the lungs.
- Purple is the color typically associated with the disease.
- “Breathe and Believe.” is our slogan.
- We often use the number 2 in our event titles and believe whole-heartedly in giving people with Cystic Fibrosis a 2nd chance.
- You can find out more about our organization at secondchances.dojoshopping.wpengine.com. We are currently raising money for a close family member and friend, Aimee Driscoll.
- Format: Entries must be submitted in either .jpeg or .tiff format. This does not exclude art created by hand. We simply ask that when completed, you take a picture that shows the logo in its truest form and submit it digitally.
- If necessary, resize the image to larger than 700 pixels, but no larger than 2000 pixels.
- Be sure the photo is in focus before submitting. If the image looks blurry, we will ask you to resend.
- Be sure to crop the image exactly as you want it to appear on screen.
- Make sure your image represents the most accurate color of the original artwork.
- How to submit: send all images to [email protected] with 2nd Chances Logo Contest in the subject header. The email you use to send the image will be retained in our contacts and used as the primary form of communication.
- Quantity: Please limit submissions to 2 designs per individual.
- Specifics: Be sure to include your name, address, phone number, and shirt size with your submission. If design has more than one artist, we will honor them all with recognition, but the physical prize will remain the same and will be up to the artists to divide amongst them.
- Time restraints: We will accept logo design submissions from August 1st to August 23rd.
- Disclaimer: This must be an original work intended for Second Chances Foundation only. We intend to use this logo for all merchandise and promotion in our future. There must be no copyright attachments to the designer once winner is announced. We will ask for the original copy from the winner along with a signed affidavit handing over the rights to the artwork.
How the contest will work:
Artists will submit their work in the allotted time. Any submissions that arrive after the deadline will be discounted. Artists who submit within the allotted time will receive a quick reply. At the end of the submission deadline, the Second Chances team will convene to pick the top twenty submissions to post on our website: secondchances.dojoshopping.wpengine.com. They will be presented equally throughout the page in order of arrival and the public will be able to vote. Voting will begin as soon as the images are posted to the site and will commence for one week. Only one vote per computer will be allowed. The winner will be notified via email at the end of the voting period. There will be no follow-up reply to those that were not in the top twenty or picked as the winner.
The winner will receive:
- A 2nd Chances Foundation merchandise bundle with our current logo which will include one or more of the following items: bumper sticker, bracelet, headband, and t-shirt. You will find pictures of all items in stock in our website store.
- Recognition on our website broadcasted in a newsfeed. The post will be sent to our adjoining facebook page, google+ page, and twitter page. All will include your name, picture of your design, and a brief description of the contest.
- Bragging rights. From here on out, when you see someone wearing our new logo, you can pull them aside and tell them you were the designer. Be proud that your design will be at the forefront of getting the word out about Cystic Fibrosis and inspiring people to donate to the cause!